Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

As I enter into the early portion of my Thanksgiving routine - namely sharing the sofa with my family and taking in the smells wafting in from the kitchen, yams and peach cobblers we will be bringing to two of the three gatherings scheduled for the day - the carnage still unfolding in Bombay is preventing me from embracing the spirit of the day.

It appears that Al Qaeda has followed through on threats to stage a major attack on Westerners.  Thousands of innocent travelers are experiencing their second day of unimaginable terror.  For many, life ended yesterday, brutally and cruelly.

I must give thanks that there are millions of people across the world praying for the souls of those cut down in the wave of violence that descended on Bombay.  May they rest in peace.

We will all give thanks for many things today, things that have happened in the past year, and things that we hope will always endure.  In addition to expressing thanks for my wonderful family and good health, I will be adding a prayer that next year I will be giving thanks for the reduction of terror in the world.  Nothing is so important to our survival, both individually and as a nation, than allowing our fists to clench and our blood to boil.  We must react to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts may deleted at the sole discretion of the site's author. Posts do not necessarily reflect the views, policies, or opinions of the administrator.